[TRLog] SS On/Off Times

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 23:33:31 -0500

>> I humbly disagree.  Because of my station (and
>> operator capabilities, I can easily go 30 minutes
>> or more without a QSO (e.g. unsuccessfully calling
>> a station I still need or everything I hear is a
>> dupe).
>
>Yup - I understand the problem.  Even I, myself, world class
contester
>extraordinare, have gone 30 minutes without a QSO in the SS - sitting
>in front of the rig trying.  (How is that for the opposite of "humbly
>disagree").

Wow!  Whodathunk!?

Somewhere around here I have a list of the number of  4-, 5-, 6-, 7-,
8- and 9-minute Between-QSOs-times that I experienced during the CW
SS, 10m and WW CW contests.  I post the list on the desk in
front of the operating position as incentive to not let it happen
again.

After the contest, when I go through the logs to identify those
'breaks', I am amazed that they even happened.  In most cases, I can't
even recall what the heck I was doing (or not doing) that caused me to
NOT work someone in those time spans.

Well, here's hoping you guys help me keep my MTBQ* at a low value
through CW SS and WW CW.

73,
dale, kg5u

* = mean time between QSO's