[TRLog] LPT port queston

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:28:04 -0700

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 11:37:00AM -0700, w2fca@qsl.net wrote:

> According to the manual, you can use one LPT port for CW paddle
> input or radio switching output but not both. It would seem to
> me that this is because there is not always voltage on pin 14
> for pullup.
> My question is - can you get around this if you have another
> source of + 5 volts for pullup on pins 12 & 13?

Yes - you are correct.  You also may not need the pull up
voltage on all LPT ports but if you change computers you
may want to build it in anyway so that it will not
have problems later.  Like when you swap out comptuers
in the middle of a contest.

Here is the switchbox I built and use.

http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr/trlog/switch.pdf

--

George Fremin III        "When a true genius appears in the world,
Johnson City, TX           you may know him by this sign; that the