[TRLog] Problem accessing the COM ports

Michael Conatore conatore@teleport.com
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 07:38:55 -0700

I wonder if anyone else has run into this problem:

I cannot seem to access a serial port on my computer. I have a Compaq =
Presario 5441 with an AMD K6-2 475 MHz processor. It has 2 USB ports and =
one standard 9-pin serial port. It is running W98SE. Everything else on =
TR seems to run fine in DOS mode. When I try TR LOOPBACK, the cursor =
just zips across the bottom of the screen, no matter which COM port I =
select (1-4). All I can do is hit ESC and it goes back to a C:> prompt. =
I did TR PORTS and it shows 03e8 and 02e8 and so on, just as it would on =
any system with regular serial ports.=20

Anybody else figured this out?

Thanks for your help!
73,
Mike