[TRLog] YO DX HF Contest problems

Jan-Eric Rehn/SM3CER sm3cer@contesting.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 19:19:05 -0000

Hello,

I was "playing" a bit in YO DX HF Contest the last weekend but I couldn't get TR to count the domestic YO multipliers right.

The YO-stations got the ITU-zone in the report window and I had to erase the "28" every time I worked a YO and put their two letter abbreviation there instead. If I wrote BC and then logged the QSO the multiplier showed as BC and was not counted. As I understand the multiplier should have shown Bc. If I worked another station with the same multiplier it showed as a new mult again, but with the wrong BC (both capital letters).

I checked the dom-file "ROMANIA.DOM" and that had only four multipliers. It looked like this:

Ab = AB
Ag = AG
Ar = AR
Bc = BC

It should have been 42 two-letter abbreviations in that file, so I looked up the rules (on SM3CER Contest Service - HI) and made a correct dom-file with all 42 domestic mults. The file looked like this:

Ab = AB
Ag = AG
Ar = AR
Bc = BC
Bh = BH
Bn = BN
Br = BR
Bt = BT
Bu = BU
Bv = BV
Bz = BZ
Cj = CJ
Cl = CL
Cs = CS
Ct = CT
Cv = CV
Db = DB
Dj = DJ
Gj = GJ
Gl = GL
Gr = GR
Hd = HD
Hr = HR
If = IF
Il = IL
Is = IS
Mh = MH
Mm = MM
Ms = MS
Nt = NT
Ot = OT
Ph = PH
Sb = SB
Sj = SJ
Sm = SM
Sv = SV
Tl = TL
Tm = TM
Tr = TR
Vl = VL
Vn = VN
Vs = VS

(Tree! You can copy those lines and use them in ROMANIA.DOM for the next release. Those abbreviations are OK).

It did not help. Still not working. I had been using TR version 6.47.

I installed the new version 6.52 and tried again. Still the same dom-file with only 4 mults, so I changed it to the new one I made, but it didn't work OK. I had been using an old LOGCFG.DAT, so I tried to start TR from "zero", but the same problem.

I even tried a tric I learned a couple of years ago. I added some extra lines into the config file like this:

DOMESTIC QTH DATA FILENAME = ROMANIA.DOM
DOMESTIC MULTIPLIER = DOMESTIC FILE
LITERAL DOMESTIC QTH = TRUE

...but no luck. It still didn't work.

The mults for all the stations outside YO worked fine (ITU zones). But if you worked a station in your own country you got 2 points. Only the zone should count and you should get 0 points.

>From the rules:

- - - - -
POINTS:
8 pts for a QSO with a YO station
4 pts for a QSO with a station outside the own continent
2 pts for a QSO with a station within the own continent
0 pts for a QSO with a station within the own country

EXCHANGES:
RS(T) plus zone number according to ITU.
YO stations will send two letters representing the county after the RS(T)

MULTIPLIER:
Sum of ITU zones and YO counties worked on each band including own ITU zone.
- - - - -

Now I have to count all the domestic YO mults by hand, change the 2 points to 0 for the QSOs with own country and recalculate the log.

I just wonder if I did something wrong or if it just didn't work as I was expecting?

Any solutions for YO DX HF Contest 2001?

73 de Jan

SM3CER, Jan-Eric Rehn
SSA Contest Manager - SWEDEN
Contest call: 7S3A
Mostly QRV in MS or MM from: SK3BG - SK3HQ - SK3IK - SL3ZV
SK3BG Webmaster
K6U at WRTC-96 / Referee at WRTC-2000

                          \\\|///
                         (  @ @  )
E-mail: sm3cer@contesting.com
ICQ: 11074897

*** "Winners never quit, Quitters never win" ***
                       oooO      (   )
                       \  (