[TRLog] Help with my Memory

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:51:28 -0700

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 09:43:37AM -0600, Dave Hachadorian wrote:

> Add to autoexec.bat
> LOADHIGH SMARTDRV C+
> (Has nothing to do with more memory, but speeds up logging).
>
> Turn the computer completely off.
>
> Turn the computer on, and during bootup, when "starting Windows"
> appears on the screen, hit F8.
>
> Select the option for step-by-step confirmation.
>
> As each option appears, select NO for the ones that won't be
> required for TR. Do not start Windows.
>
> I know this is a pain in the neck, but I've seen some computers,
> such as the laptop we used in Slovenia, where this is the only
> way I could get it to work.

This is a good way to do it.

This is what I do to the computer I usually take to Dayton
for the TR-Log booth - and the above is what I do.

The other thing that might work just fine for you is
to simply run it as a full screen DOS window.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."