[TRLog] SBDVP Questions

Igor Sokolov Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@dialup.mplik.ru
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:39:42 +0600

> 1.  Is there any way to store messages in the Alt-P O(ther) category, or
> are you limited only to programming the CQ and S&P function keys? The
> alt-R/Alt-W keys don't seem to work for recording or playing back.

Recording is done with Ctrl - F button and not with alt -R/ Alt -W
You can store messages in Alt - F buttons if you record them first in one of
the F buttons and then rename appropriately. A bit messy but hardly ever
needed. Ten F buttons for CQ and ten F buttons for S&P is usually more then
enough even for general qso let contest alone. I used messages for general
qso including exchange, cq, qrz 73 etc recorded in two languages and never
was short of F buttons.

> 2.  Does the program work in a DOS window under Windows 98? I was able to
> get some playback, but never able to store message files where I could
find
> them!

It is in the manual of SBDVP. You also have to make use of SBDVP
configuration.
Here is the extract from the dvp.asc file:

>>You can program all the function keys using the Alt-P command  as
>>described in the TR manual.  If you subsequently unload SBDVP us-
>>ing the SBDVP -u command,  a  file  with  the  name  shown  while
>>recording  it  will be produced or overwritten in the current di-
>>rectory.  If you add these file names as  single  lines  in  SBD-
>>VPCFG.DAT, SBDVP will load them when it is started in that direc-
>>tory.  The BACKCOPY functions have not been implemented.   Do not
>>enable BACKCOPY -- unpredictable things may happen.

I am using simple bat file something like this:

SBDVP  -S1 -R21000
tr
SBDVP -U

> 3.  I didn't get this far last night, but if you enable PTT in SBDVP, do
> you also need to enable it in TRLog, or would that in fact be
> counterproductive?

You can have it enabled in both programs (needed for mixed mode contests),
or in sbdvp only for ssb only operation.

> Thanks in advance!

Welcome...

73,
Igor, UA9CDC