[TRLog] Re: On/Off Command

Gary J. Ferdinand W2CS w2cs@ipass.net
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:17:23 -0400

Tree, I respectfully disagree.

Too many times in the past I have screwed up a manual computation of time
and ended up at the end of the contest having tens of minutes left of
operating time.  While the computations were indeed done on breaks, they
were done by an exhausted mind that really needed to be doing something -
anything - other than something critical.   A break is...well, a BREAK!

OTOH, such a function needs to be accurate.  As reliable as the rest of the
program is.  Otherwise, it's back to pen/paper "just to be sure."

Another approach, for those of us not tied to antique, single-program DOS
machines, would be for someone to write a real simple program that could
assist in time management.  You know, enter on/off times and it computes
time-on or counts down from time allowed, or something like that, with the
capability to save the time log so that it is recoverable after a restart.
It could run in a window next to TrLog.  Just a thought.

73 All,

Gary W2CS
Apex, NC