[TRLog] Setting date on computer

LRod@pobox.com LRod@pobox.com
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:26:00 -0000

> I guess I can run it like it is and change all the dates after the contest
> but that would be a real pain!!

I can't answer the clock question (except to say that 1 Jan 80 is "the year one" in
Unix time which is what the BIOS uses to calculate time), but changing the
dates in the log couldn't be easier. This is TRLog, after all. The log file is a text
file. Go into a text editor (you have to go one step up from Notepad, Wordpad
is good, or DOS Edit) and do a simple search and replace. Have the editor
globally search on the date in the format it is in the log (probably 1 JAN 80) and
have it globally replace it with the desired date. QED.

If your log is over a two day period, and the computer clock doesn't increment,
most editors do the S&R from the point where the cursor is. Just move down to
where the date changes, put the cursor there, and do another S&R on the new
(first day's) date and replace with the day 2 date. QED.

I've done this zillions of times in the past because of one computer glitch or
another.

73, Rod K4QG     |  It's pronounced
                          |  "jig-a-byte"
                          |  Look it up.