[TRLog] What happened?

Tim Totten, N4GN n4gn@n4gn.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:40:33 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Fam. Christensen wrote:

> UPS. A bit strange to see the abbreviation for the US states as ex. Ky
> instead as KY. The prefixes are all in Capital letters. - Is it for
> separation between PFX and States???. - It just looks strange to me.
> Never seen it before.

Sorry I don't have any comments about your initial question.  But on this
point, yes, all "domestic" mults (states or ARRL sections, etc.) must have
at least one lower case letter to distinguish them from DX mults.
Otherwise, OH could be Ohio or Finland, PA could be Pennsylvania or
Netherlands, etc.

Tnx for the QSO!

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@n4gn.com