[TRLog] What happened?

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:19:27 -0500

At 02:40 PM 12/13/00 +0200, Juhan Poldvere wrote:

>The NONCW critter is not necessarily radio interface bound. It happened at
>ES9C during CQWW CW on a computer that did NOT have the radio interfaced.
>Also, there was NO mention of a radio interface NOR radio type in the
>configuration files.

Is it possible, then, that it reflects a failure by the program, running on
a given machine, to receive a decipherable value for the band FROM WHATEVER
SOURCE at the point when it needs it in order to record a log entry?  If
so, maybe an error trap and loop to retry the query would do the job.

>Rf may have been guilty. I had to swap the original plastic keyboard for an
>"iron piano" before the NONCW event. And the poor TS850 at this position got
>burnt too.

Could be -- I know it only happens to me while transmitting.  On the other
hand, my station seems to be pretty cool, though I have in the past had to
tame a few minor issues with toroids.  Maybe the keyboard cable needs one...

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at