[TRLog] What the....?

Soro Roberto roberto.soro@sia.it
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:01:38 +0100

Hi Tree and all,

looking at the .DBG I saw here, it seems sometime there is a
lacking byte, somewhere in the response (may be due to the program timing);
and this leads to a wrong frequency decoding and all the consequencies.

> I can also put more protection against NONCW being displayed - like
> using a previous value until there are several of them in a
> row (digital
> filtering).

A  "digital filtering" is a right answer, and you should also check
the consinstency of the answer, in term of number of chars that should be
there,
and discard and retry in case of failure.
(but you know quite well what to do, either)

Please Tree, since you are wet already, you can stay a little more
in the rain (this is a ....translation from an italian joke)
so you could try to ask the ICOM radio also the mode, especially for the
narrow CW filter set, since now, each time I type a freq
the radio goes there, but comes back with the wide filtering set.
(Using a IC706MkII)

My best season greetings to all.

Bob,I2WIJ (IR2V in contest)

mailto:i2wij@qsl.net