[TRLog] contester stats by country

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:44:25 -0500

I'm working on a project where I need to know (roughly) the number of HF
contesters by country.  I thought it would probably be fairly
representative to use a trmaster.dta file, but have not found any way in TR
or POST to sort the file by standard prefix (rather than by callsign), or
to generate stats like the OH2MM report, which gives number of QSOs by
standard prefix, derived from a log file.

Am I missing a built-in function?  Is there, for instance, any way to have
TR do a TR READ on the trmaster.dta (or .asc) file and then do an OH2MM
report on the resulting huge log file?

In case anyone wonders, this does not appear to be reinventing the wheel.
I've consulted IARU and ARRL, and the only stats they have available are
for total number of licensees per country -- they don't even have the
number with HF privileges broken out, much less the number who have
participated in contests.

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database