[TRLog] Need some help

Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV dl2zav@darc.de
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 00:38:17 +0100

> 1. I can only start TR from the log directory. As soon as I try to start
> TR from, say c:\log\contests\h26, it doesn't work. Obviously there's a
> path problem. As a Mac man I have no idea how to configure the sysop. So
> anyone who can help me to fix this?

Try adding this to your autoexec.bat, then restart:
set path=%path%;C:\log
Watch out, there must be no spaces!

> 2. CW messages. I'd like the REAPEAT EXCHANGE Function key to send 5nn
> and then the serial number 10 WPM slower. The explanation in the window
> below says that this can be done by using the ^F or the ^S command.
> However I didn't succeed so far.

Press Ctrl+P then Ctrl+S to program a ^S. It looks like !!
Press Ctrl+P then Ctrl+F to program a ^F. It looks like spades on the
screen.

> 3. TRMASTER.DTA: I created my first TRMASTER database by using POST  U E
> E. All the calls and info was typed no problem. Now I'd like to add some
> new calls. As soon as I type Yes after pressing POST U E E the runtime
> error 201 shows up so that I cannot add new calls. Why?

What program version?
Are you logged into the C:\log directory where trmaster.dta is located?

> 4. For the Helvetia Contest I want to create a file including the most
> common HB9 stations and their Kantons (multipliers). The manual says
> this can be done with the file initial.ex
> I did the following: edit initial.ex, then I put in the calls e.g. HB9MM
> Vd, then I activated INITIAL EXCHANGE FILENAME = INITIAL.EX in the
> logcfg
> When starting TR and typing HB9MM into the CALL WINDOW nothing happens
> Why?

Try one of the following:
Delete restart.bin or *.rst before testing again.
Specify full path of initial exchange file like INITIAL EXCHANGE FILENAME =
C:\LOG\Helvetia\INITIAL.EX
Press Alt+Z to show initial exchange.
Run POST U S and look at restart.dat. Your Kanton info from initial.ex
should be in there.