[TRLog] Question Mark

Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV dl2zav@online.de
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:19:57 +0100

> > Is there a way to program a key, or does it already exist, to send a
> > question mark with a single key stroke as a part of a callsign?  That
is,

> Program a CQ mode function key such as F8:
>
>     CQ MEMORY F8 = @?
>
> Then, before you press enter to move to the exchange window, press F8 and
> the contents of the call window followed by a question mark will be sent.
> When you do this, you will lose the default messages associated with those
> keys, so you may want to program CQ ALTF8 instead, but then you need to
> press the ALT key with F8.  The default CQ F8 message is AGN and the
default
> EX F8 message is EE, so you just have to decide what you want to use
and/or
> lose.

Gain all, lose nothing:
Try
CQ MEMORY F9 = @?

The default for F9 is a single ?. If the call window is empty, @? will still
send that single ?, if a (partial) call has been entered, this will be sent
followed by a ?. This does it for me in almost any situation when CQing. In
S&P/EX mode, the default Alt-F1 and Alt-F10 are sufficient for me.

Udo

dl2zav@qsl.net     dl2zav@online.de