[TRLog] ARRL DX CW vagaries

K4BEV@aol.com K4BEV@aol.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:38:50 EST

In a message dated 2/21/00 10:26:54 AM Central Standard Time, kg5u@hal-pc.org
writes:

<< <<<Runtime error 204:>>>

 A couple of times, during ARRL DX CW, I got a run time error 204 at 1F4F :
 36C8. >>

Same error here. I'm running a 486 DOS machine - no Windows installed.
Sometimes the computer would just lock up and had to do a hard reset. Other
times it would reboot on it's own. Also running 6.47.
Also: Radio is an IC-765. When going to a freq on the bandmap the freq would
change, but the mode would change from CW narrow to CW - dropping the
filters. ONCE when S&P on 15 I was suddenly on 20 (and didn't notice it for a
bit - I thought the bandmap had just disappeared) got 3 new mults in a row
before I realized I was on 20 - so not complaining.
My other radio - TS-570 doesn't change bands through TR anymore. The radio
beeps like it got the command, TR changes bands for a second or so and then
goes to the radios real freq. If I change bands at the radio TR follows it.
Everything else seems to be working properly though.

Don - K4BEV