[TRLog] New POST

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
16 Jan 2000 13:16:44 -0000

I have implemented two major fixes to POST's TRMASTER procedures:

1. Increased the maximum cell size from 65K to 196K.  This should
solve everyone's problems with "cell too large" messages.

2. Fixed problem where some calls would be duplicated many times in
the database.  To fix this - run the POST U E A and then POST U E B
commands.  If you haven't run the sort procedure (POST U E S), it
might be a good thing to run afterwards.  This will remove any
duplicates of another nature due to a program bug that was fixed
awhile back.

These dupes really didn't cause much of a problem.  I have seen
about a 4 percent reduction in the size of a typical .ASC file as
a result.

POST.ZIP has been sent to the update list and will be called POST 6.47.5.

Tree