[TRLog] Reverse paddle port?

doug smith w9wi@bellsouth.net
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 00:57:40 -0500

I don't see it in the manual, but is there a way to reverse the dit and
dah functions on the paddle port?

It seems N4ZZ's keyer and his W1WEF interface have opposite impressions
of which lead should be dah and which should be dit.  And best we can
tell, the keyer doesn't have a reverse function.<frown>  I guess we
could just swap the wires on the jack on the W1WEF, but I'm lazy and
would rather avoid using a soldering iron to do something that could be
done with a keyboard<grin>.

On a completely different subject, am I going to regret switching the
RS-232 interface in my newly-acquired IC-765 to 9600baud?  Will I see a
worthwhile improvement over the default 1200bd.?
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66