[TRLog] Idea

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 09:44:02 -0700

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 12:21:04AM +0000, Rick Bullon wrote:

> My idea is if there is no restart.bin file or log.dat file in the Log
> directory, then TRlog would come up with a menu of the contests you choose
> your contest and TRlog sets up you config file.

It does work like you describe.

You can also typ TR NEW and it will even do it if you have
a logcfg.dat file in that directory already.

> Your config file that has your Name Call and the settings you like to use
> for every contest would be in a file under a different name and TR log would
> read this file and use the info to build a config file for the contest. This
> file could be used for the same contest next year or deleted and let TRlog
> redo it each year.

Some of this does exist - you can setup a STD.CFG file with all those
things that rarely change - like your paddle ports, radio information,
your grid (for beam headings) and many more things.

>   New users say that TRlog has a steep learning curve. I thing once setup
> TRlog is easy to use it is the setting up and having to learn a few Dos
> commands that is the problem. If TRlog was as easy to set up for each
> contest as it is to setup when you first get it then more people would use
> it

I am not sure I understand - since TR acts the same everytime I use
it just as if I was using it for the first time - I get the menu of
contests etc.

> Remember the menu that came up when you ran TRlog the first time? What I am
> suggesting is a menu program like that which would run every time you set it
> up for a new contest.

It does do this - and it should for you - maybe there is something
about the way you have something setup that is causing
it to act diffrentlly for you.

If I can help let me know.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."