[TRLog] SBDVP and Heil mic with Sound Blaster

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 22:20:32 +0000

I want to try SBDVP with TRLog.  My PC has a SoundBlaster 16 ISA sound
card, without documentation (of course!).

I gather from a story in the latest QST that most sound cards use a stereo
mike jack and use one of the two non-ground terminals to supply DC voltage
to an electret microphone.  I'd prefer to use the same mike as I will be
using directly to the rig, in order to avoid any difference in sound.

Has anyone had success interfacing a Heil boom mike with the SB 16 to
record SBDVP messages?

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com