[TRLog] TRLog "freezing" problems

KLUENDER, JOEL KLUENDERJ@vtc.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 07:24:57 -0500

All,

I am new to this list and am panicing a bit because I can't seem to get
TRLog to work properly on 2 different PC's, which we need for our field day.
Below is a description of my problem:

I am looking to purchase TRLog for personal use and am doing a field day
test drive of the freeware version for the ARC at my place of employment.
I'm trying to run it on 2 PC's : a P166MMX/Win95 and a 486/33/Dos6.22. I
have no problems at all running on the P166MMX/Win95 in DOS mode but on the
486, occasionally the program will just freeze up for no apparent reason. I
can't do anything but hard-restart to get it going again. It seems to happen
more often when my keystrokes are being made quickly. I thought it might be
just that machine, so I tried another 486 with Dos6.22 and the same thing
happened although a little less. perhaps. Whenever it happens, all I can do
is hard-reboot to get out.

Has anyone on this list seen this problem before? Do you have any
suggestions or ideas? If I can't resolve this and get two PC's running soon
I will have to resort to some other software. I really LOVE TR, by the way,
and so I'd really like to stick with it if possible.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions,
Joel Kluender NF9K
PolarFab Field Day Chairman

Joel F. Kluender