[TRLog] fd operation

Fullgraf, Chuck fullgraf@kcc.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:37:43 -0500

Maybe not the most sexy solution, but it should fit with your mode of
operation in the past. I have not tried it, but I do not see why it would
not work.

Write a batch file that uses the floppy for the active log directory. Make a
floppy for each band that would have the logcfg.dat, restart.bin, log.dat
and the fourth file (I don't remember the name) on it. Then exit TR when
desiring to change bands, swap floppies and restart the program.

Assuming your TR is the "LOG" directory, the batch file might look like...

path c:\log
a:
tr

I would think that the floppies could be tailored to start up in the correct
band, could automatically save back-up files to the hard drives under band
specific names, and some other customized features for each band. Since you
would be starting each band like a different contest, the log.dat file could
have a specific name.

Then merge the files with POST at the end of the contest.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. It may need some experimentation and
tweaking.

Others might have a better way.

Chuck, KE4OAR