[TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, an

Lee Hiers, AA4GA aa4ga@contesting.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:15:27 +0000

On 26 Jun 00, Ed (G3SQX / N0ED) wrote:

> Hello TR LOG people,

Hey, I've always wanted to be a member of a cult!  ;-)

I know you've already heard it, but what do you expect?  We're
talking about using a high performance tool with inadequate
preparation for its use!

Do you expect to be able to make fancy furniture out of the box with
a new radial arm saw when your prior experience was limited to a
hand saw?

The problem is in thinking "CT" instead of approaching the program as
something completely different, which it is of course.  I've had
experienced contesters use TR that were accustomed to CT...and have closed
minds and hate TR.

I've also had FD operators who have never used a computer logger run
TR with absolutely no problems.  I am convinced that the operating of
TR is easier than CT/NA/WriteLog for someone with no
experience...provided the program is set up properly.  If the LOGCFG
file isn't well done, things may not go as smoothly as one would
hope.

But investing the necessary time to learn to actually configure the
program to your style of operating is part of the price of admission.

There might be some things about online help and the manual that I
don't particularly care for...and I prefer the manual in Word format
over PDF, but I can live with that...as long as TR works as well as
it does.

No, it's not perfect, but it *is* the best!  If you don't learn and
use TR, it's to my competitive advantage...and there are a lot of
guys on this email list that will agree.

Thanks again, Tree, for a great program!

73 de Lee
--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, GA