[TRLog] Reflections on TR

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:52:12 +0000

At 05:12 PM 6/28/00 +0000, Bill Leahy wrote:
>Is there a function to protect TR configurations from changing during
>multi op contests, like a password? I don't mind suggestions for
>changing configurations, but one person should be responsible for the
>setup and know, at all times during the contest, the operating
>parameters so other ops may be told and operating instructions changed.

I don't believe there is one built into TR.  You could effect a limited fix
by making the logcfg.dat file read only through DOS, so that at least
permanent changes could not be made and you could get the program back to
the default state just by restarting it.

I suppose Tree could program something that would disable the CTL-J
command, but that might be TOO sweeping.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at
http://www.qsl.net/n4zr