[TRLog] TS850 Voice keyer

k6ll@juno.com k6ll@juno.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:47:57 -0700

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:07:21 -0700 "Thomas M. Schaefer"
<toms@inconnect.com> writes:
> Can someone tell me (or send me a config file) with the commands to
> get the 850 to activate the voice keyer from TR. I recall that you
> could do this by programming a command into the memory rather than a
> DVK file. I hope this is true and any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom NY4I

The only way I know how to do it is to use the parallel
port DVK pins to drive a special hardware interface that
hooks up to the 850's ACC 3 Jack.

I used this method for the last few years. Recently, though,
I have converted to the SoundBlasterDVP program, which
not only sounds better than the Kenwood DRU, but fully
integrates with TRLog, just like TRLog's CW memories do.
SBDVP uses your SoundBlaster-compatible computer sound card.
The program can be downloaded free of charge at:

http://fermi.la.asu.edu/w9cf/index.html

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com