[TRLog] cty.dat info

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Wed, 03 May 2000 01:09:24 +0000

At 06:37 AM 5/2/00 -0700, George Fremin III - K5TR wrote:

>On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 03:32:07PM +0200, Fabio Angelelli wrote:
>
>> Ihave added in cty.dat 2 new countries (4w,fk/c)with an editor.But when
>> i start the program
>> I Receive this message "NOT ENOUGH MEMORY FOR PREFIXREC".
>
>There should be enough room for two more countries.
>There might be soemthign diffrent with yoru format or
>I have noticed that some editors do strange things to files.

I don't know how you could reliably modify that database with a simple
editor.  Most likely it is corrupt.  suggest you start over with the basic
editor and follow the procedure outlined in the manual for adding a new
country.  Be sure that you either use a unique prefix for East Timor or
specify an end date for the other uses of this prefix that is before East
Timor's start date.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Don't forget to update your entry on the World Contest Station Database,
now at http://www.contesting.com/stationdatabase.htm