[TRLog] New Web Page

Kenneth E. Harker kharker@cs.utexas.edu
Sun, 21 May 2000 12:35:52 -0500

   I'm pleased to announce an entirely new look and feel to the TR LOG
home page on the web.  Check out (http://www.qth.com/tr/).

   The new home page includes much more information for current TR LOG
users:

   * You can now order CW keying interfaces made by W1WEF.  There are
     three models, one for CW, one for CW+PTT, and one for CW+PTT+paddles.

   * Information about international customer support contact info,
     subscription updates, the email reflector, where to get the latest
     CTY.DAT file, and info about a free utility that will convert
     TR LOG format logs into practically anything.

   * There's a new "User Contributions" page that presently has information
     from KG5U about how to get computer speaker audio into headphones
     when using the simulator, and from KM5FA about one way to get spots
     from a telnet cluster into TR LOG's bandmap.  Obviously, if you've
     got some cool contributions, we want to hear about them!

   * There's an extensive "features" section.  This is intended primarily
     to sell people on TR LOG.  If you're a loyal TR LOG user, and
     know someone potentially interested in the program, send them to the
     new TR LOG home page.  If you see something omitted, that needs
     clarification, or there's some feature you think is understated
     because it's just too cool, let us know!

   * The revision history for the last two years is on the web.

   The photo on the main page is one I took.  If you are a TR LOG user,
and would like to see your photo on the TR LOG home page, please let us know.

   In looking for quotes for the User Comments section, I noticed that
there are only two reviews of TR LOG on the eham.net site:
(http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/27)

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page