[TRLog] Need Help

Jay Pryor jpryor@arches.uga.edu
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:32:04 +0000

This week I installed TRLog on a new computer and am unable to get computer
control of the radio.  I've run out of ideas and darn near run out of time
before CWSS and would appreciate any suggestions.

The PC is running WIN98 version 2.  I "Restart in DOS."

Radio is FT1000MP.

Running DEBUG and running TR PORT shows that the computer and TRLog both
see the COM port at the same address.

DX4WIN and contest logging program BRAND X both control the radio, which
seems to me to be significant.  (I've never used BRAND X and don't want to
start with the CWSS!)

In DEVICE MANAGER, I changed the baud to 4800, no parity, 8 stop bits and 2
stop bits.  I also tried changing flow control from Xon/Xoff to NONE, but
none of this solved the problem.  Incidentally, in the past I don't
remember having changed any of these settings on the PC.

I installed TRLog by unzipping ALL653.zip and running INSTALL.EXE.

All ideas greatly appreciated.

73,

- Jay/K4OGG