[TRLog] Changing SS check from last year

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
8 Nov 2000 15:41:21 -0000

> Now I was a little baffled to see W1AW change from 36 last year to 38 this
> year, but I listened several times after my QSO and they were consistently
> sending 38.  As I recall, the log-checking software also identifies people
> whose exchanges are busted disproportionately (because of bad CW or
> whatever) and doesn't penalize their victims.  Either way, I'm not terribly
> concerned, and certainly not embarrassed...

When creating the database - a measurement of stability is looked
at.  If the exchange isn't consistent enough, it is considered
unstable and the information won't be used against anyone.  This
detects MOST of the cases where people send different checks or
precedences at different times of the contest.  Obviously, if
someone does this for a very small percentage (less than 5 percent)
of the time, it will be hidden by the "true actual error rate" (which
averages to about 5 percent) and not be detected.

Tree