[TRLog] Two Contests under Win98

NR1DX nr1dx@cyberportal.net
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:12:36 +0000

My thinking was that it would be easier to keep track of your single band
score, create a summary sheet , etc., for the single band entry. Then do a
merge of the two files for your final log submission.....

I'll also say this so Tree doesn't have to. For now we all have to treat
this as an "unsupported feature". Until someone does this under actual
contest conditions we won't know if it is a useful way to work two contests
at once or not . If anybody trys this and things lockup , data is lost,
etc., we cant go and bad mouth TRLog for it here. For those of you who do
try this let the rest of us know what you find. I for one don't expect Tree
to make program changes if there are bugs as a result of trying two
contests at once. The program is complex enough as it is and the number of
users who might actually work two contests at once I suspect are few and
far between. I'd much rather Tree be thinking about a real Windows based
version of TRLog instead. This would give us access to USB port expansion
for laptops in a more predictable fashion as well as unlimited serial
ports. (sorry Tree, but I'm not going to give up on this one ~8^)

Also another point about my experience / experiments I almost always run
TRLog from a DOS window under WIN98 rather than a reboot to DOS or in
MSDOS  MODE (which effectively reboots to DOS anyway) . I run all contests
out of the LOG directory and then transfer the contest specific files to a
separate directory for posterity after the contest rather than set up a
separate directory at the beginning of the contest. This habit is a hold
over from my WIN95 days with TRLog where running under a WIN95 window with
separate directories produced unpredictable behavior at times.

Dave
NR1DX