[TRLog] ALWAYS CALL BLIND CQ

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
4 Oct 2000 13:51:42 -0000

>  - Added ALWAYS CALL BLIND CQ (default = FALSE, Control-J).  Will launch
>    exchange memory F7 automatically on CW when the CQ EXCHANGE is finished.
>
> Can anybody help me to understand the idea of this function?

This is something that I added before the last sprint contest and it
worked pretty well for me.  For those who are using two radios, you
often want to send a CQ on your other radio when receiving the exchange
from a station you are about to give the frequency to.  This is normally
done by pressing F7 or F8 which is programmed as a default to send a
CQ on the inactive radio.

Turning the ALWAYS CALL BLIND CQ function on will make that CQ happen
automatically after the CQ EXCHANGE has been sent.  It will send the
message in Exchange memory F7.

It forces you to be ready for that CQ by finding a clear frequency
before (like while the CQ EXCHANGE message is being sent).

Probably not too useful in non sprint contests where you stay on
one frequency.

Tree