[TRLog] Fw: Help new TR user!

Udo DL2ZAV dl2zav@online.de
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:47:17 +0200

> Try to erase bandmap.bin restart.bin and start the program again.
> I am, from time to time, experiencing spots just stopping to appear on the
> band map and the cure is to restart the software.

I can confirm this, happens to me from time to time, don't know why. Sorry
that this does not help in your case.

> still have the problem.  I don't know how TRLog recognizes a DX Spot for
> purposes of putting it on the bandmap.  Maybe the format of the spots from
> this particular packet cluster is not what TRLog is expecting?  On the
other
> hand, the spots appear in the packet log OK.

To check if it is the format the cluster sends, try this:
- connect to a friend on packet
-have him type this:
<RETURN>
dx de jim: 14033 cn8ww <RETURN>

This is rather case insensitive. If TR beeps and reads "JIM says cn8ww is on
14033", then there is something wrong whith the dx spots from the cluster
(control characters somewhere in there?).

Also, try setting PACKET ADD LF = TRUE - even if this creates additional
blank lines in the packet window, maybe there's a ctl-J where a ctl-M should
be, or vice versa.

Udo

dl2zav@darc.de

Ich logge mit TR-Log.