[TRLog] Toshiba laptop help

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:28:09 -0500

Bill,

Sometimes, there's an alt- command you have to do....like alt-f9 or
something.  you might experiment.

An alternative might be to power down the laptop, plug in the db9 (Are you
sure it's a DB9 and not a DB15 (three rows of pin locations, not all
filled)?), then power up the laptop.  Some of the laptops recognize the
presence of a connected device only on power-up.

I would check around some of your local ham-buddy business management types
and see if they have access to a portable video projector.  There are lots
of them out there in the business world that weigh about 10 lbs and are
easily setup.  Can't beat a clean, bright, sharp image that is 8' diagonal.
Beats a bunch of people straining to see something on a monitor.

73,
dale, kg5u