[TRLog] Radio #2 on COM 5 with Byte Runner Card ?????

NR1DX nr1dx@cyberportal.net
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 00:14:53 -0400

In my ever growing thirst for serial ports to perform an ever dizzying array of tasks around the shack, I recently purchased a  Byterunner PCI card with 4 serial ports and a parallel port. Upon installation, the card or Windows automatically assigned the 4 ports to COM 5,6,7 and 8. I want to have my 2nd radio on COM5. According to the windows system box the address for COM 5 is B000 (zeros) . Also in the properties section I set the baud rate for this port to 4800.

I added the following to my cfg file

SERIAL 5 PORT ADDRESS = B000
RADIO TWO CONTROL PORT = SERIAL  5
RADIO TWO TYPE = TS-870
RADIO TWO BAUD RATE = 4800

However I can't seem to get TRLog to recognize RADIO two when I do  an <alt R> to go to the second radio.

If I hook Radio TWO to COM1 (Radio ONE is on COM2), TRLog  and <ALT R> talk to both radios just fine.

My regular logging program ....  DX4WIN  ...... talks to Radio TWO just fine on COM 5, So I know the radio works and the COM5 port works.

What did I miss here guys?

Confounded in NH
Dave
NR1DX