[TRLog] TR comments

Clive Whelan clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 00:04:50 +0100

 Udo DL2ZAV wrote:

> Nice idea.
> Is that EX MEMORY Fnn = TOGGLECW   ?

Ja naturlich !

I also have CQ MEMORY Fnn = TOGGLECW  to cater for all eventualties!

> And,
> is there any way to switch (only) the paddle CW to the inactive radio, similar
> to control-A for the F keys?

Not as far as I am aware.

However I recently bought the W5XD multikeyer which is designed for Writelog
really and then will synchronise CW speed to the computer. However a big
advantage is that it will also work alongside TR, sharing any of the COM ports
used without any interference. In this mode there is a small outboard control
box, which will switch the paddles between radios. This is not ideal of course
but it is effectively aan SO2R box with integrated headphone switching, lockout
on the run radio when mult hunting on the S&P radio, which is pure magic.  It is
also supplied with routines in C to control the keyer over the COM port, and
perhaps Tree could rewrite these into Pascal? Oh alright then, maybe not!

Since this keyer releases my two LPT keying ports, I have these connected in
parallel with the opto isolated ports of the W5XD keyer. I can therefore swap
between TR and Writelog simply by shelling out of DOS into Windows or vice
versa. Also one could ( and I will shortly try) separate paddles, one for TR,
one for the W5XD keyer for maximum versatility.

I confess that I was verrry disappointed at the collapse of the recent CSS
venture. Nothing has the functioanlity of TRlog it has to be said, but although
I am a DOS dinosaur, Windoze will come whether we like it or not, and I want to
be ahead of the game. Even the original CT is going that way, the trend is
inexorable.

73

Clive
GW3NJW