[TRLog] Cabrillo mode

Tree N6TR tree@kkn.net
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 04:58:41 -0800

> I'm using 6.59. Attached is the header for the cabrillo file it generated
> for the just-completed SSB sweeps. As you can see, it lists the contest as
> the CW sweepstakes even though all QSO's are correctly listed as PH (I've
> shown part of the 1st one in the clip below. I manually fixed it for
> submission but thought you might like to know.

As it turns out, the Cabrillo routine has no idea what mode your QSOs are
made on.  Instead, this header information comes from the CHOOSE CATEGORY
menu that comes up with the CATEGORY, BANDS, POWER, MODE and SPECIAL
columns.  Do not assume that POST will look at the log and change what
you enter.  This would cause problems in multi-mode contests where you
might want to enter CW or SSB only, but made QSOs on both modes.

Tree