[TRLog] Bandmap Inconsistencies

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 06:15:36 +0000

DL2ZAV has noted his bandmap slowly fills with CQ-####s whilst SO2R
CQing on an uninterfaced rig & S&Ping on one which is.

Having just finished two single band CQ WW efforts where much time was
spent S&Ping on the sub-RX of the CQing rig, I figured I'd add an observation:

Because of the time between polls of the radio, after finishing working the
new mult, I found I jumped back to CQing after swapping VFOs on the rig
faster than TRlog could follow.  In other words, it still was using the
frequency
from the mult & since I sent out a CQ before it polled the rig, it knew no
better than to replace the mult in my bandmap with an indication of my CQ.

Workaround: wait just a little longer after swapping VFOs before CQing
again.  Admittedly hard to do when one steps out of a good run, bags the mult
& want to get back to the run like you've never left it...

73, VR2BrettGraham