[TRLog] Entry Category

Kenneth E. Harker kharker@cs.utexas.edu
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 07:58:10 -0600

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 08:03:58AM -0500, Tim Gennett wrote:

> The ARRL rules for the 10 meter contest say that single ops using packet
> should enter the Multi-Single category:
>
> "Multioperator, Single Transmitter, mixed mode (only).  Includes single
> operators using packet or spotting assistance."
> When I use Post to generate a Cabrillo file, it offers "Single Op, Assisted"
> and "Multi-One" as possible entry categories.  Would anyone like to guess
> which is correct for a single op using packet?  Does it matter?

"Multi-One" is synonymous with "Multi-Single."  You want to choose Multi-One.

Post isn't yet tweaked to restrict Cabrillo entry categories it offers you
to just those available for that particular contest.  Post wil also
let you choose overlays like "Tribander and Wires" for ARRL contests, despite
the fact that the ARRL doesn't make that distinction.

If you choose some combination that isn't valid (i.e. Single-Op Assisted,
or Tribander-Wires) for an ARRL contest, their email robot will now notice
this and ask you to fix things when you email them your Cabrillo log the first
time.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops