[TRLog] Re: OS compatibility

David O Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:18:22 +0000

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:17:46 +0000 NR1DX <nr1dx@tellink.net> writes:

> TRLog has enjoyed its place in the sun but like
> the
> dinosaurs 65 million years ago its inability to adapt fast enough
> will
> ultimately result in its demise. I will mourn its passing. The newer
>
> Windows based programs will trace their roots to many of the
> innovations
> developed during TRLog's reign.

Here's the way I prefer to look at it. Right now, and probably
for the next 50 years, you can buy a Pentium 200 DOS machine
for less than 100 bucks. Just dedicate it to the radio.

Buy a superfast machine with Win XP, no serial/parallel/ISA
or any other Legacy technology for your home entertainment
and business applications.

You really WANT that 2 GHz XP machine anyway, right? Give the economy
a boost and BUY it! Take your old machine and dedicate it to the
radio.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com