[TRLog] Re: TRLog V6.61

Clive Whelan clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:39:41 -0000

Well my memory may be dulled after changing to Writelog ( verrrrry
reluctantly), and overindulgence of the holiday, but I always remember a terse
DOS screen ( not WinZip) when double clicking, juts asking me if which
drive/directory and do I want to overwrite cty.dat etc.I had always assumed
this was a self extracting utility ?

However this time WinZip was executed and the readme file was empty, although
not zero bytes. Also all my older readme files which I had kept were now zero
bytes in length, as were most of the .dom files. I can only assume that my
original file was corrupt, and did some naughtiness on extraction.

However I now have a replacement file and this seems to be OK, although WinZip
is still called.

Thanks for all your help, this is till the best support forum.

73

Clive

K2AV wrote

 Juhan Põldvere wrote:
> READ661.ME was not empty here. I received all661.zip and I don't understand
> how this could self extract itself other than thru windoze or some dos shell
> filename extention being associated to some kind of unzip (like WinZip) in
> your machine. Or do you get self-extracting zip executables?

GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org
Contest Cambria-http://www.gw7x.org