[TRLog] RAC Cabrillo

Richard Ferch ve3iay@rac.ca
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:57:45 -0500

Sylvan,

The A in the file is a valid substitution for 50 MHz (see
http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/ for the Cabrillo spec -- look about
halfway down the QSO template page for where it says that either A or 50 is
valid for 50 MHz). However, although the frequency part is OK, the rest of
the QSO line you quoted is not. Your full sent exchange is not there. That's
because of a bug / feature (take your pick) in POST.

POST only produces valid Cabrillo files for the contests named in the
Cabrillo spec. RAC isn't one of those. POST will produce a LOG.CBR file for
these unsupported contests, but it is not a valid Cabrillo file, since it
doesn't include the full sent exchange and the sent RST is in the wrong
place (it's way over in the received exchange, which appears to have two
RSTs in it).

To get a Cabrillo file that will be useful to the RAC contest checkers, what
you have to do is edit your config file (LOGCFG.DAT) and change the contest
name to a supported one with a similar exchange. For RAC, I suggest you use
ARRL 10. Now run POST to produce a Cabrillo file (LOG.CBR), and then edit
the CONTEST: line in the Cabrillo file to read RAC instead of ARRL-10. I
wasn't in this year's RAC contest (family commitments), but I just did this
with my log from a couple of years ago and it appears to have worked, i..e.
the Cabrillo file it produced looks OK to me, and I think there's a
reasonable chance that the log checkers will find it acceptable.

73,
Rich VE3IAY