[TRLog] SBDVP and TR

Dave Earnest k7jj@arrl.net
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:13:23 -0800

An update,

I discovered this morning that even though my SB is working perfectly with my
PSK interface for PSK31, MMTTY, DX4WIN, etc., The sound blaster card does not
like the little boom mic/earphone combination I used on my old computer. When I
try to record to the Win98 Sound Recorder, The output is muffled and distorted.
And I cannot hear the playback using the boom/mic earphones. When I use regular
stereo earphones I can hear the recording o.k.

This solves the mystery (I hope) of why I could not record with SBDVP.

I will make up and adapter so I can use my Heil microphone, which is the one I
used when recording with the K1EA DVP.

If I make progress, I will contain myself until I'm finally achieving the
results we are after with the SBDVP.

73,

Dave, K7JJ
Old, but still breathing!