[TRLog] CW Sending

Len Revelle lenrev@ameritech.net
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 09:17:45 -0600

Used to be we worried about getting into the neighbor's TV now we shoot
ourselves via computers. I've learned to always use as short a cable on
everything I can and coil all excess, Ferrites such as the infamous Radio
Shack snap-choke or those of better quality near the computer end of cables
help. I've had entry via plastic keyboards before but there's little to do
there except the chokes as steel cases no longer are used on keyboards. I
also use flat heavy gage speaker wire as ground straps to everything
including the computer case. Wall-warts, those power cubes that every thing
uses and renders a outlets useless, can be a source of problem since they
aren't shielded. I use an MFJ distribution panel for all 12v. stuff and
shielded 2-conductor. Good luck and welcome to the world of computer
contesting.

 Len Revelle  N9IJ
AMA 60055   LSF 7492
lenrev@ameritech.net