[TRLog] EX MENU

Clive Whelan clive_whelan@btinternet.com
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:42:48 +0100

 Tree N6TR wrote:
> I don't see this as a problem - because if you are going to assign
> new values that overwrite the defaults for the specific contest, they
> are probably also specific to the contest, and should be in the
> LOGCFG.DAT file.

I sent a private reply to Tree on this which bounced from his kkn.net
address.

I have to say that I do not agree with the above. The values in my
stdcfg.dat file are global for the most part, and I do *not* want them
overwritten by some unseen file specific to a contest, which may not be
my flavour in fact. I now realise that my difficulties originated when
I abandoned the INPUT CONFIG FILE statement in favour of stdcfg.dat
which seemed  like a good idea at the time, but now does not!

> Finally, it turns out that spaces are not required around the
> equal signs (although I still like for them to be there to make
> things easier to read).  EX MENU=xxx works the same as EX MENU = xxx.

Not for me it doesn't!, works for CQ MENU, but I restate that in 6.56
at least, it does *not* work for EX MENU, unless this is also some
weirdness of "hidden" files overwriting.

73

Clive

GW3NJW
Contest Cambria-GW7X (http://www.gw7x.org)