[TRLog] rfi

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:05:09 -0700

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 10:43:35PM +0100, David wrote:

> The same doesn't occur when I use my general logging program.  The
> difference being when using TR. I use the PTT and paddle facilities.

PTT can casue the LPT port to become more sensitive to RF
than it is without it.

You may need to put some chokes on the CW/Paddle and PTT lines
going intot he computer.  You can also try truning off
the PTT signal in TR-Log and see if that has an effect.

I would suggest you try to figure out how (what cable or cable location)
is causing the RFI - and fixing it at it source or filtering the
line coming into the computer.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."