[TRLog] FD POST PROBLEM

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:12:24 -0700

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:59:03AM -0400, Lumpy wrote:
> Guys:  I ran up a rather decent score during FD (for me anyway) of 27,930 points. After using the POST program in TR, the total point showed ONLY 490. What gives???
> Any body else have this problem. I was using V.6.56

TR-Log does not score this contest correctly.

The reason that it does not socre this contest correctly is
that the ARRL FD event has _many_ variables that affect the score.

Such as:

How much output power you were running.
If you used batteries.
If you made Satellite QSOs etc....

Since you do not send in logs to the ARRL the points in the log
do not matter.

Scoring this contest is easy.

Go to the ARRL web page and get the summary sheet form:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/forms/

Fill in the blanks.

TR-Log's POST program can tell you how any valid QSOs you have.

Send the summary sheet to the ARRL along with dupe sheets.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."