[TRLog] Re: TRLog Digest V4 #133

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg@harts.org.hk
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 04:39:16 +0000

N4WYR continued:

>I send the CTRL-D by using an editor that does hex, and editing the
>logcfg.dat file.  While in normal text, put in the command for the RTTY
>Receive string.  Put a space where the CTRL-D will be.  Switch to hex mode,
>and change the space (x20) to CTRL-D (x04).  I use Ultraedit32 to do this,
>which I read about here (or maybe on the PSK31 list) a few years ago.  It
>also does column mode editing, and isn't very expensive.
>
>The problem I have with the transmit command is that the control M is
>treated as a carriage return, and just ends up with an extra blank line in
>the file.  I can't figure out how to make it part of the command and not
>just the end of the command.
>
>BTW, somebody suggested CTRL-J in a private email last week.  Thanks, but it
>didn't work.

First of all, another big THANK YOU to AE0Q for turning us on to UltraEdit.
It's a bloody great editor & the price & column mode functionality you mention
are exactly why I now wonder why I managed to live without in the past.

Tree sent me a beta build that is meant to do something to sort out our need
to send X^M to put a PK-232 into transmit & I'll give it a go when I get home,
provided the house is still there when I get back.  Film at eleven.

73, BV/VR2BrettGraham