[TRLog] Any way to eliminate syntax checking for one QSO?

Kenneth E. Harker kharker@cs.utexas.edu
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:37:06 -0600

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 08:09:50AM -0500, Thomas R. Williams wrote:

> What has really frustrated me is when a station sends a county abbreviation that
> is not understood by the .dom file. Short of spelling out the complete name
> (which is time consuming when typing WASHINGTON), I would like to see a
> keystroke or two that would enter the exchange exactly as typed and go on.
> Granted, the multiplier needs will be incorrect, but I could then go back later
> and check the .dom file for the proper abbreviation and edit the log.

In the meantime, it might be easier to print out the .dom file and just have it
handy, so the abbreviations are there.  Sort of like how a lot of people
have cheat sheets for the phone sweepstakes to remember section abbreviations:
"Alaska = AK, Arkansas = AR," etc.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops