[TRLog] TR problems

Chuck Fullgraf cfullgraf@sprynet.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 09:32:16 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C0E434.6BB48980

Depending upon how you run TR, the config file may not be where you =
think it is, although it should be in the same directory as the log. If =
TR finds the config file, it will automatically start based on the =
contest in the config file.

I run TR with the contest specifics in a different directory from the =
main TR program files. It makes it easier to find the files at a later =
time. A number of my DOS challenged friends leave all the files in the =
same directory ans let Windows Exporer sort the directory by date. The =
contest specific files are alomost always the newest in the directory.

Also, if memory serves me correctly, you can make a generic file of =
commands that are always used and then have another file that is contest =
specific. I do not use this feature, although I should, so I am not very =
familiar with it.

As I use TR more and more, I find that I am tailoring the configuration =
file to my likes for each contest. After the contest, I rename the =
config file and move it to another directory. It is then waiting for me =
for the next time the contest runs. I also print a hard copy for my log =
book so that I can build new configurations with the goodies I have come =
to like.

Chuck, KE4OAR=20

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C0E434.6BB48980

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Depending upon how you run TR, the =
config file may=20
not be where you think it is, although it should be in the same =
directory as the=20
log. If TR finds the config file, it will automatically start based on =
the=20
contest in the config file.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I run TR with the contest specifics in =
a different=20
directory from the main TR program files. It makes it easier to find the =
files=20
at a later time. A number of my DOS challenged friends leave all the =
files in=20
the same directory ans let Windows Exporer sort the directory by date. =
The=20
contest specific files are alomost always the newest in the=20
directory.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, if memory serves me correctly, =
you can make a=20
generic file of&nbsp;commands that are always used and then have another =
file=20
that is contest specific. I do not use this feature, although I should, =
so I am=20
not very familiar with it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As I use TR more and more, I find that =
I am=20
tailoring the configuration file to my likes for each contest. After the =

contest, I&nbsp;rename the config file and move it to another =
directory.&nbsp;It=20
is then waiting for me for the next time the contest runs. I also print =
a hard=20
copy for my log book so that I can build new configurations with the =
goodies I=20
have come to like.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chuck, =
KE4OAR</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C0E434.6BB48980--