[TRLog] Stupid question - good answers

Mark Beckwith swca@swbell.net
Thu, 01 Nov 2001 21:57:25 -0600

Thanks to you all for your responses.  Here is what I learned: My "Windows 98"
DOS Boot Disk certainly doesn't have SMARTDRV nor does SMARTDRV appear anywhere
on the computer.  Dang.  Thanks anyway, Dave.  Couldn't fix it that way.

So I went ahead and loaded Windows, then exited into DOS per Tom - turns out
running that way does not have the CW timing problems, so I think I am good to
go for the SS.  Thanks, Tom.

Thanks also to Pete and Dave.  The virtual beer's on me.  Here's a really
creative virtual prize for your efforts:

http://members.sigecom.net/theclan/Taliban.html

Almost as good as a beer.  See you guys in the contest.

Mark, N5OT