[TRLog] Sudden transfer of exchange info to callsign window

Richard Ferch ve3iay@rac.ca
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 06:30:38 -0500

This happens in SS with single-digit serial numbers, callsign update enabled
and the initial cursor position at the start of the exchange. Jim's right,
some combinations of serial #, precedence, check and section look like a
valid call sign (9A50CT looks quite tame compared to some of the call signs
around lately -- can anyone top EO8141ZPN? I worked him on 17m CW only 3
hours before the start of CW SS this year!).

There's a simple workaround - just put a space between the precedence and
the check (where the callsign appears in the actual exchange). I've trained
myself to do this automatically every time I enter an SS exchange -- I had
forgotten why until this post reminded me!

73
Rich VE3IAY